Sydney University DARE PhD Scholarships in Australia 2022
The University of Sydney is pleased to offer DARE PhD Scholarships to outstanding candidates in Engineering. The scholarship is available to domestic and international students applying to commence studies for the 20222023 academic sessions
The scholarship provides a principal scholarship allowance of $40,000 per year (fixed rate) for up to three years. The stipend may also include an additional stipend of $10,000 per year (fixed rate) for up to three years in addition to an RTP stipend.
Grant Provider: University of Sydney, Australia
Grant Type: Research Grants
Host Institution(s): University of Sydney, Australia
Grant Value: Main Grant of $40,000 per year
Number of Grants: Various
Course: Postgraduate (PhD or Masters by Research)
Nationality: Domestic and International Students
Application deadline: Ongoing
Sydney University DARE PhD Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the University of Sydney DARE Engineering PhD Scholarships, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission to full-time study at a PhD or Masters by Research within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sydney
- If you are initially in the Masters by Research programme, you intend to move on to a PhD after successfully completing the first Progress Review interview at the University of Sydney Faculty of Engineering
- Applicants must have a letter of support for their application for admission from their designated research supervisor in the engineering or faculty sciences department in order to apply for an available project listed by that supervisor as part of this scholarship.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree have Australian Honors (first class or upper second class) in a relevant discipline or an Australian Standard Masters degree in Engineering or Science with at least 25 per cent of the last year having a significant research component per year (fixed rate) for up to three years.
- The Scholarship may also award an additional $10,000 per year (fixed rate) stipend to applicants who have received an RTP Scholarship for up to three years.
- The scholarship is contingent on satisfactory academic performance and the scholarship holder may apply for an extension of the scholarship award for up to six months.
Application Procedure: Engineering students applying for the Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship will automatically be considered for this scholarship. A separate application is not required. To be considered for this fellowship, you must have applied for the RTP fellowship (domestically or internationally) and your research supervisor must be a DARE Center researcher.
For a complete list of projects associated with this grant, visit the DARE Center.Visit Website For More Information